Monday, April 18, 2011

Lost Art...




Recently I was explaining to a friend about all the performers that used to be on the train...and I'm not talking about the old black dudes singing doo-wop or the kids doing flips for basketball money...there used be the dude on the uptown 1 train that did stand-up comedy, the homeless dude that rode a horse made out of a broomstick and two pillows while singing "Oye Como Va", the puerto rican magician on the Manhattan bound E train...his final trick was releasing a dove from a silver plate...there are tons more that I can mention...reason I'm bring this up is because last week these two drummers got on the train while I was reading and rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth being that I'm an old ass and I wanted to read my book in peace on the way home...the minute them doors closed these dudes got busy with it...I was a second away from getting up and doing a quick top rock...I gave them a dollar which translates to $50 bucks on the train and kept it moving...