Friday, November 12, 2010

Great Latino Characters In Hollywood Pt 2 (Dedication to Rick Aviles)







I normally use this platform to point out the ignorances of Hollywood towards the latin man but as I was about to go on my "No Batteries Included" rant(must see for perfect depiction of Puerto Rican low-life)...I remembered Willie Lopez from Ghost...this is everyone's favorite movie...right? I was always thrown off by Rick Aviles...wasn't sure if he was Puerto Rican or Black but he always made me laugh when he came on screen...he was in two of my favorite movies Spike of Bensonhurst and Carlito's Way...but I always remember him playing a dirtbag..quick to drop an "Oye Papi" or "Listen to me Meng"...through my digging I discovered a talented actor/comedian that grew up in the LES...worked the Village comedy scene and came up some what in Hollyweird...gone but never forgotten Mr. Rick Aviles...a native to the end...