Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thank You Mr. John Hughes




It pains me to write an ode to a man that passed away that helped shape my youth. Taught me how to embrace my self-loathing and inner dork. To all that know me well they know that my favorite movie is Pretty In Pink (tied with Rocky which is a whole other story). First time I watched this movie I fell in love with Molly and also was destined to be Duckie for my high school years. The outfits, soundtrack that is murder(Echo and The Bunnymen "Bring On The Dancing Horses" most slept on song), and all The Smiths placement in the record store is classic. Every time I watch the movie I always hope Duckie bags Molly. Even though he comes up at the end with Buffy The Vampire Slayer I still feel he belonged with Molly. Thank you Mr. Hughes!

P.S. Fuck Blaine!